Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One Day Closer...

Tuesday is over. One day closer to the weekend, and I am already plum tuckered out. Fortunately tomorrow is a sleepin day. Thank goodness.

I think I have been over-reacting to the whole casting process. It seems to happen every single year. I freak out, others freak me out, then I freak out even more and eventually have an internal breakdown. Then the cycle repeats, so by Friday, I'll be a wreck. Lucky for me, I had a wonderful time today in English observing the campus and nature. It was so relaxing and such a calm day. What started out as a very mellow description about the trees turned into a deep self reflection. As my friends would say, "always the dramatic one."

Now I'm just writing for procrastination. I really don't want to work on my homework. I'm not even supposed to be updating my blog or on the computer right now, but shhhhhh. I am extremely exhausted and probably should just go to bed right now. Alas the day where a stressed out student goes to bed before 9 with a full plate of work due the next day.

Singing callbacks are tomorrow, hence the vicious cycle description at the beginning. Debating between 'Mama Who Bore Me' and 'On My Own.' I'll probably just end up going with 'Mama' because it's sweet and I know it extremely well. 'On My Own' is a fantastic acting song, but it's a bit long and I can only belt it on a really good day, and my throat is a bit scratchy. I also know I can pull of a challenge with 'Mama' that I may not be able to pull off otherwise. Regardless, I am extremely excited. Not only for singing callbacks but for the theatrical process in general. Acting just makes me happy.

And with that positive note, I'll end. That's all folks.

Peace.

No comments: