Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thoughts from Pomegranate Yogurt

The Internet is a scary place. In English we read about Emily Gould and her Gawker and Jimmy Kimmel scandal. I'm absolutely terrified of saying too much or not being able to remove something from the Internet once it's posted. Ironically, I'm still blogging.

While eating my delicious pomegranate frozen yogurt from the Sweet Shop I started thinking about why I blog. Do I want 15 minutes of fame? Not really. Public recognition would be nice, but I'm definitely not ready for it. I guess really I just want to connect to people. Maybe my stories will somehow be connected and similar to your stories and KA-BAM a connection blossoms. Maybe I keep a job to write. I do love writing, but I never considered myself the next J.K. Rowling or Jasper Fforde (who, by the way, is a GENIUS in my humble opinion). I guess I just keep a blog to put something out there. In someway tell my story without all the gory and personal details. To express my opinions, share my insights and connect.

So fall. It's one of my favorite seasons besides winter. Especially on the east coast. The colors of fall are so beautiful, I cannot describe them. The sunset color wheels of vibrant oranges, yellows, reds, and browns litter the ground with pure beauty. It makes waking up out of bed worth it. To be greeted with such a palette is enough to take your breath away. Also the coffee/tea is wonderful. Pumpkin spice? How can you go wrong? You can't. The warmth fills you with such joy it's like Thanksgiving, Halloween, and a cold rainy day with a good book and a fire all rolled into one delicious gulp. I'm counting down the days.

For now, that's all.

Peace.

No comments: